Friday 11 May 2012

Experimental Chimeras

Photobucket

Photobucket

I’m starting to get back into my metal clay again (yay!). It has literally been months since I have gone near any metal clay work – I am a little faddish, and jump around from medium to medium anyway, but  commission work had pushed everything back a bit too.
So this week I have been doing a few experiments, drawing inspiration from my zentangle doodle thing that I posted below. I took a few elements from the illustration and tried to bring it to life in metal clay.  I’ve posted one or two of my experimental “chimeras” made by randomly combining various design elements I’m interested in
I kind of love the “centipede”  - and the “chimera” one is really weird isn’t it lol...I think it will sit on my desk  as a reference guide.  I’ll be making a proper metal clay piece next, incorporating some of these ideas... it feels sooo good to be back in the metal clay groove again


Photobucket  (The doodle illustration my experiments are based on). Click the thumbnail to view in full
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Samantha



Samantha Braund

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...