Tuesday 20 January 2015

Mixed Media Books and Crab Apples

 
 
 
It's been a pretty busy time for me in the studio lately, which just proves that my shoulder rehab is coming on leaps and bounds! I made a couple of grungey mixed media books for family this week. They loved my Steampunk Seahorse illustrations and I thought turning them into books would be a good idea. I am really getting into image transfers now and managed to transfer my own work onto the mixed media backgrounds pretty well. The book covers have a leathery feel and are pretty flexible. I attached a signature of plain cartridge paper into each one, as well as embellishing them with a matching polymer clay bead  
 
I love how they turned out, and I know my cousins are excited to receive them which is a great sign. I hope I can get more efficient in making this type of project as they're proving popular with my facebook friends too, and is another item I'd love to be able to add to the future arts shop. Aside from these, I also added to my Daily Sketch Project with a watercolour-y illustration of zesty apples! (see bottom of this post). I will however be turning the project into a weekly one, and will select my favourite sketch from the week to feature here. Anyway enjoy all the photos and thanks for stopping by :) 
 


 
 
 
 the back covers....


 





Thanks for looking ...



Samantha Braund


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...